The Sweetie Shop blanket...

Monday 14 March 2016

I am not sure when I started this one... Possibly just before Christmas comes to mind. But, Ive also made two cardigans, a knotgrass waistcoat, a crochet shawl, plus a pile of hats since before Christmas too :)


But here we are on the second to last round...


Yet we began with two lots of these centres, all lined up neatly in their box...


A thousand ends were stitched in...


Much late evening hook work was needed...


Rows grew...


Materials dwindled...


Label was neatly stitched in place...


One king size blanket for my youngest Daughter is complete. I have made 3 of these in the last year, one for each of my children. Going by the wonderful comments you all left on the Fairysteps Instagram { @mrsfairysteps } and the Facebook page { FAIRYSTEPS } many of you also have blankets which have been gifted by Mothers, Grandmothers and Aunts, all of which are treasured. Isnt that rather special, that a simple act of making knots in yarn to make a whole can convey such love and gratitude to others. Both for the Maker and the Keeper. Truly lovely.



So my hook was rested... but, only for one night my dears, Ive already started the next project ;)

Ren x


2 comments

  1. It looks lovely and soft.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess! It is my dear, and golly am I glad that its finished :) Hope you are well and enjoying the Spring x

      Delete